Trusts can help you accomplish important estate planning and wealth transfer goals, including long-term legacy planning, confirming your family is well-cared for and gifting to charitable causes. An important decision in your estate planning process is determining who will oversee the trusts you create during your lifetime and after your death.
As a client of RBC Wealth Management, you have access to professional trustees and uniquely flexible trust capabilities. By working with independent professional trustees, we can establish and manage trusts of all sizes with a broad range of assets and investments—including best-in-class asset managers, non-proprietary mutual funds and customized portfolios.
Trust features and benefits
- Flexibility – Trusts can be customized to your specific circumstances.
- Control and continuity – Trusts are binding legal documents and your instructions must be followed—while you are living, if you become incapacitated and after you die.
- Privacy – Trusts can help confirm the smooth transition of your assets and the privacy of your affairs.
- Tax efficiency – Trusts may help you and your beneficiaries avoid or minimize gift taxes, estate taxes or generation-skipping transfer taxes.
Why choose a professional trustee?
Establishing and managing a trust can be complex, requiring expertise in trust laws, administration and overseeing investment management. With more than 50 years of combined experience, our team of trust consultants can answer your questions and help you choose an appropriate trust structure. We offer attentive, personalized service—not a “trust officer of the day.”
Benefits of engaging a professional trustee:
- Professional trustees have the training and experience to manage all types of assets, including complicated and closely held assets, a business, real estate, mineral interests or partnerships requiring special expertise.
- Family dynamics can be complex. Professional trustees follow your instructions objectively—emotions or personal agendas will not interfere with the fair administration of your trust.
- Professional trustees offer stability and continuity to effectively manage your trust for generations to come.
Trusts and thoughtful planning can help you address concerns about protecting assets in the event you become incapacitated, providing for retirement or protecting your family's inheritance.
Transfer wealth from one generation to the next with a trust. You may also use a trust to distribute your assets to intended heirs and causes you want to support. Let us help you create your desired legacy.
Trust services are provided by third parties. Neither RBC Wealth Management nor its financial advisors are able to serve as trustee. RBC Wealth Management does not provide tax or legal advice. All decisions regarding the tax or legal implications of your investments should be made in connection with your independent tax or legal advisor.