RBC Royal Trust complies with the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards).
Statement of commitment
RBC Royal Trust is committed to:
- providing clients with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services
- allowing clients with disabilities to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in a equitable way as other customers
- providing a professional environment that promotes barrier-free access for all clients as required by applicable legislation
- providing employees and job applicants with reasonable accommodation
- providing information in ways that are accessible to people with disabilities, and
- meeting these commitments in a timely manner
RBC Royal Trust provides training to employees on the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards) and on the requirements of the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training is provided in a way that best suits the duties of our employees [and contract workers].
RBC Royal Trust has taken the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training noted above:
- A training course is provided and assigned to all employees and contract workers covered under this legislation.
- We keep a record of the training provided under this section.
Information and communications
RBC Royal Trust is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Accessible emergency information
RBC Royal Trust is committed to providing publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when requested.
RBC Royal Trust ensures existing processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to people with disabilities.
Accessible formats and communication supports
RBC Royal Trust takes the following steps to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request, for persons with disabilities:
- We provide such accessible formats and communication in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
- We provide such accessible formats and communication at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
- We consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
Accessible websites and web content
RBC Royal Trust has taken the following steps to make all required internet websites and web content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA, except where meeting such requirements are not practicable, to meet accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards):
- All required internet web sites and web content on those sites were made to conform with applicable WCAG 2.0 Level AA criteria.
- We post resources on our Intranet for employees to use in order to meet this requirement.
- We ensure that all employees and contract workers involved in the development or testing of our internet web sites and web content are aware of and have access to developer or testing guidelines (as applicable) and best practices for meeting this requirement.
RBC Royal Trust is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has taken the following steps to conform with accessible employment standard requirements:
- We notify the public and employees that, when requested, we accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, selection, and hiring processes and when people are hired. This includes notification through our public recruitment web sites.
- We have in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- We ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account in using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
These requirements have been incorporated into HR policies as applicable, and communicated and made available to all employees and people managers. If other barriers are identified, RBC Royal Trust will take additional steps as needed to address them.
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact us at:
Email: RBC Royal Trust
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request from:
National Office email: RBC Royal Trust