You and your community have invested significant time and effort to reach a settlement or agreement with the government and industry. These agreements represent an opportunity for your community to achieve its vision for the future.
It's critical these opportunities are managed according to the community's goals for current generations and the ones to come. We'd be honoured to help you.
RBC Indigenous Wealth
RBC Indigenous Wealth is a specialized RBC Royal Trust team of experienced professionals dedicated exclusively to working with our Indigenous clients. As the first trust company to recognize the need to customize trust services for Indigenous clients, we remain the industry leader—working with First Nations, Métis and Inuit clients on matters affecting their communities' trusts.
As our client, you'll find that we focus on relationships, education and collaboration to help make sure your needs are understood and addressed. Let's work together to help protect and preserve and further your settlement.
Our Indigenous Wealth services
RBC Indigenous Wealth professionals have in-depth experience with and knowledge of trusts and trust law, with expertise in all aspects of trust administration. Dedicated exclusively to working with Indigenous clients, you can rely on our ability to administer your trust with respect, integrity and sound judgment.
We provide comprehensive trustee services to support the management of Indigenous trusts. Our services include:
- Reporting to and communicating with co-trustees, leadership and community members
- Ensuring that trust assets are invested according to the trust agreement
- Holding, managing and reporting on various types of assets to ensure the trust is protected and preserved
- Administering trust accounts
- Distributing income and capital, and paying authorized expenses
- Responding to any legal and tax inquiries in consultation with our in-house legal and tax departments
- Ensuring compliance with tax reporting
- Providing ongoing education and training for our co-trustees and leadership when it comes to trust and investment matters
Agent for trustee services
We provide support and act alongside individual trustees. Our services include:
- Providing administrative services to individual trustees who are managing a trust
- Responding to directions from trustees and performing specific duties as requested
- Maintaining detailed records
We can also offer administrative support while you manage a trust. This includes:
- Providing security of assets
- Collecting investment income
- Facilitating the settlement of trades initiated by investment managers
- Distributing funds and paying expenses
- Preparing customized reports, including investment and transaction statements
- Providing year-end tax statements