Are you prepared for life's what-ifs? As challenging as discussions around estate plans may be, having them can help ensure your objectives, assets and beneficiaries are taken care of, which can offer you peace of mind.
An up-to-date estate plan can reduce estate taxes and expenses, simplify the transition of assets and ensure your loved ones are secure in their financial future after you're gone. At RBC Wealth Management, you can rely on our experience in helping our clients discuss and carefully plan for what can often be a sensitive topic.
Personalized estate planning
We take the time to understand your circumstances, wishes and intentions. With that in-depth knowledge, we can provide Will and estate planning recommendations that are consistent with your objectives. Depending on your situation, this may include:
- Tax-efficient strategies to transfer your wealth to your chosen beneficiaries
- Determining potential trust options that may be appropriate
- Considering options for charitable giving to leave a lasting legacy
- Reviewing asset ownership structures and planning for taxes at death
- Considering potential insurance strategies and coverage needs
- Evaluating your objectives based on your current financial situation
- Different methods for transferring your assets
- Reviewing your existing Will and estate plans to ensure they still meet your wishes and objectives
- Planning considerations to help preserve family harmony or address unique family situations
Your RBC Wealth Management advisor and our team of specialists are here to provide guidance and help ensure your objectives and the full scope of your situation are considered as part of your estate plans. Let us assist with weighing the costs and benefits of different courses of action, and work with your own tax and legal advisors as part of the process.