The experiences, successes, achievements and ambitions of your family are unique—and will contribute to the legacy you want to leave.
When it comes to passing down your wealth and values, detailed wealth transfer planning helps ensure your wishes and the vision for your legacy are fulfilled. No matter your age or stage of life, it's never too early to start.
Defining your legacy
At RBC Wealth Management, we understand this can be a delicate and emotional topic, requiring thoughtful, personalized planning to preserve family harmony and create the legacy you envision.
We can help guide you in addressing these questions:
- Do you want to pass down wealth during your lifetime, through your Will or both?
- Have you put your potential needs first?
- What are the most appropriate ways to transfer your wealth based on needs and goals?
- Are there family circumstances to consider in your plans?
- Are you charitably inclined or do you have a vision for lasting philanthropy that extends beyond your lifetime?
- What do your heirs need to know about as it relates to your plans?
By integrating elements of financial, tax, charitable giving and Will and estate planning, your advisor—supported by a team of specialists—can help you define and plan for your legacy.
Planning with a multigenerational focus
We take the time to understand you and your family—and your goals. Our approach puts that multigenerational relationship at the forefront.
Depending on your circumstances and wishes, we can involve family members as part of the discussion or planning, providing education and guidance when appropriate. We also proactively focus on younger generations, helping to ensure they have the resources and tools needed to be confident and capable as they gain financial independence.