Tracking towards and reaching your financial goals often requires a blend of different types of planning. Depending on your unique situation, tax planning may help address varied and complex tax obligations, achieve your objectives in the most tax-effective manner or reduce your family's tax burden.
At RBC Wealth Management, we help you consider different elements of taxation as it relates to your circumstances, needs and goals. Whether it's for this year, looking ahead to your retirement or planning for wealth transfer, there are certain tax strategies that may be effective—now or over the long term.
Explore tax strategies
At RBC Wealth Management, we can recommend potential tax strategies that may suit your situation. These include:
- Different forms of income splitting, such as a family trust or spousal loan at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) prescribed interest rate
- Tax-efficient investment vehicles
- Investing in registered accounts, such as Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs), Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs) or Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs)
- Different forms of charitable giving
- Distribution of assets between your accounts
- Approaches for transferring wealth to beneficiaries
- Potential structures, such as holding companies and insurance
With a team approach, we can assist in determining which options may help you reach your goals. Your advisor will also work with your tax advisors to effectively implement strategies as part of your personalized planning.